Introducing any physical activity into our daily routine is beneficial for health, and can protect us from severe diseases, like diabetes, obesity, depression, arthritis and countless more. It doesn’t mean you need to do weight lifting or run for miles, but getting out and moving around for at least one hour means a lot.
It is especially important for people who are always under stress or spend hours in a car, as well as attached to their phones and tablets. But the problem is that many people don’t know how to start to change their daily routine. For them, riding a bicycle can be the perfect solution. That is why working out in the gym and riding the gym bikes can be a good solution. For example, lately, in Poland, there has been an expansion of gyms and people training with bikes since driving outside can be a problem due to a lack of biking tracks which you can read more about here.
Why Are Bicycles Good for Everyone?
Riding a bike is something we all learned when we were kids. Even if we haven’t sat on one for a while, we surely didn’t forget how to ride it. Moreover, it doesn’t require some special skills or stamina. That’s why it is a perfect outdoor exercise for people of all ages and physical abilities.
Cycling is a low impact sport, which means it causes fewer injuries than other types of sports.
Cycling For Physical Health
A simple two-weel ride can bring you so many health benefits if you practice it regularly:
- Cycling promotes muscle growth. It is the first visible change after a certain time of regular practice. It will help you improve your bones, muscles and body posture, and therefore stress your joints less.
- It is an excellent cardio training. While riding a bike, your heart, blood vessels, and lungs are working out as well. It usually results in lower blood pressure and better heart rate.
- Cycling is burning calories. To prove that riding a bike is not such an easy task, we can just mention that a one-hour ride can burn 1000 calories. That’s why this sports activity, alongside the proper diet, is the right way for weight loss.
- Research has shown that cycling is related to the prevention of many severe diseases like colon and breast cancer or diabetes.
Cycling For Mental Health
Alongside the strength and energy this sport can provide, it is an excellent therapy for many mental issues and bad moods.
- It reduces the stress level. Going out for a ride is a part of the day when you need to relax and forget all your worries, cellphone, wallet, and stuff you should do.
- Cycling promotes “well-being.” It is scientifically confirmed that physical activities like riding a bike release endorphins, chemicals in our brain that makes us feel great and genuinely happy.
- Riding a bike can reduce mental illnesses like depression or anxiety. This sport involves a lot of fresh air, peaceful streets, paths, and landscapes. It keeps you away from the city crowds, allowing you to decide on your own which way and with what tempo you want to go.
- Cycling can be both family and social fun. It’s like hitting two flies at once. First, you will spend some quality time with the people you love and second, you will do something good for the health of your family and your own health as well.